Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu Held a teleconference with authorities to assess public satisfaction with relief and restoration activities being carried out at Cyclone Tilti hit areas. CM Instructed them to speed up electricity restoration, sanitation works and supply of food & clean water in all rescue centres.
Held a teleconference with authorities to assess public satisfaction with relief and restoration activities being carried out at #CycloneTilti hit areas. Instructed them to speed up electricity restoration, sanitation works and supply of food & clean water in all rescue centres. pic.twitter.com/XbrLki2sn4
— N Chandrababu Naidu (@ncbn) October 15, 2018
Mean while Govt of AP has announced a compensation of Rs. 5 Lac in case of death in the Cyclone Titli. Rice and other necessary commodities are also being distributed to all the cyclone-affected families.
Govt of AP has announced a compensation of Rs. 5 Lac in case of death in the #CycloneTitli. Rice and other necessary commodities are also being distributed to all the cyclone-affected families. pic.twitter.com/SSAev9eHGl
— Andhra Pradesh CM (@AndhraPradeshCM) October 14, 2018
Chief Minister Assured the citizens of Ichchapuram, srikakulam that facilities like power supply and communication services will be restored. The advice of Horticulture experts will be taken to ensure regrowth of the crops destroyed by Cyclone Titli.
#CycloneTitli has left many of the lives in devastation in the northern coastal regions of Andhra Pradesh. Join hands with Government of Andhra Pradesh in rebuilding their lives. Make a difference by contributing to the Chief Minister's Relief Fund & become a part of our efforts. pic.twitter.com/OMmCVANmEj
— N Chandrababu Naidu (@ncbn) October 14, 2018
Earlier CM conducted an aerial survey of cyclone damaged areas from Palasa to Itchapuram. After landing at Itchapuram the CM started inspection of cyclone affected village by road. He went round Itchapuram to inspect the damage. The CM inspected the inundated paddy crop due to Bahuda river floods at Savaradevipet by the side of national high way. At Rajapuram village, the villagers informed the CM about uprooted coconut and cashew trees. The CM said power supply will be restored by evening.
The CM said 25,000 electric poles damaged. He said power supply would be restored immediately. He assured the villagers that the state govt will provide assistance to remove the damaged trees. He said horticulture experts advise will be taken to restore the plants. He said Vamsadhara and Bahuda rivers will be interlinked at a cost of Rs 1200 cr and water will be supplied to 1.5 lakh acres in Itchapuram constituency.
The Chief Minister suspended Kaviti MPDO, when the villagers complained that no officer turned up to their Kaviti village. When the MPDO reached the spot lately, the Chief Minister expressed ire over him for his absence and failure to provide food to people.
The CM said asbestos sheets will be district free of cost to fishermen towards repair of their houses. At Kaviti village, the CM said that a dailysys centre and research would be carried for the kidney ailments in the region.
At Jagati village the CM said borewells will be sanctioned as per the requirement of villagers. The Chief Minister said hundred deputy collectors were pressed into service to take part in cyclone relief operations.
CM addressed people at lollaputtuga, balliputtuga, patavaraka, manikyaputtuga, borivanka and at Sompeta. CM enquired people whether they received water and food. He assured restoration of power supply . large number of people including women and children are seen on both sides of the road. They informed CM about the damage in their villages
50 IAS officers, hundred deputy collectors & 136 officials were pressed in to service to restore normalcy in cyclone affected areas of Srklm dist
తిత్లీ తుపాను ప్రాంతాల్లో ముఖ్యమంత్రి చంద్రబాబు నాయుడు పలాస నుండి ఇచ్ఛాపురం వరకు ఏరియల్ సర్వే నిర్వహించారు. అనంతరం ఆయన ఇచ్ఛాపురంలో పర్యటిస్తూ తుపాను బాధితులతో మాట్లాడి వివరాలు అడిగి తెలుసుకుంటున్నారు. pic.twitter.com/eTRejYUdK9
— Andhra Pradesh CM (@AndhraPradeshCM) October 13, 2018
CM inspected cyclone damage in Palasa town. He went through the main road and important junctions
CM inspected Akkupalli village of Vajrakothur mandal, which witnessed major damage including damage of cashew nut topes, coconut trees.
CM assued necessary assistance to the villagers and farmers who suffered loss. He ordered distribution of 25 kg rice to BPL families and 50 kg to fishermen families.
District incharge minister Pitani Satyanarayana, MP Ramamohana Naidu, collector Dhanunjaya Reddy, TDP district president Gouthu Sirisha, ZP chairperson Chowdary Dhanalakshmi accompanied the CM.
• CM press meet Points:
• Coconut and Cashew trees uprooted in Vajrapukothur and Uddanam
• VAmsadhara receiving 1.71 lakh cusecs of water.
• 7 persons were killed. Rs 5 lakh exgratia distributed to family members of the deceased.
• 50 per cent of power supply restored so far. Staff deputed from other districts.
• Nodal officer was appointed as incharge of every mandal to supervise relief operations. Every officer should reach their entrusted village by this evening.
• 25 kg rice, 1 kg dal, 1 litre palm oil, 1 kg potatoes adn1 kg onions and half kg sugar will be distributed to BPL families in cyclone affected regions.
• 50 kg rice to be distributed to fishermen. Compensation would be paid for loss of animals and houses.
• CM to camp in Palasa until normaly restored in Palasa region. All the roads will be restored.
• People can use cloud sourcing portal and app to get necessary compensation. Geo tagging of the damaged property essential.
• Officials who worked hard will be rewarded.
• Milk to be distributed to children.
• Seeking cooperation from people to restore normalcy.
• Report on cyclone loss would be submitted to Govt of India and NDRF.
• Control room to be function from Palasa to restore normalcy.
• District incharge minister Pitani Satyanarayana and district collector Dhanunjaya Reddy were present.