The Person who have given us the Famous slogan “JAI JAWAN , JAI KISAN ’’ .
Yes , the second Prime Minister of India “ Lal Bahadur Shastri ’’ .
Whom India have almost forgotten . Lal Bahadur Shastriwas born on 2nd October 1904.
1.“ Shastri ’’ was not the real name but was the Bachelor degree awarded to him .
- 2. Shastri did not believed in caste system so he himself removed “ Rao ’’ from his name.
- TASHKENT AGREEMENT ?
- In 1966 , P.M went to Tashkent for signing the Tashkent agreement during Ind – Pak war . To calm down the bitterness between India and Pakistan .
- The war ended with Tashkent Agreement on 10 Jan 1966 and he died the following day in Tashkent
THE MYSTERY OF SHASTRI DEATH ….?
His death is said to be due to Heart attack but theories and medical reports from USSR directs in opposite directions .
- WAS SHASTRI KILLED ?
- The die which was planned .
- They kept him 20km away from venue .
- There was no telephone , first aid or medicines .
- No postmortem was conducted .
- The die body was dark bluish discoloration , which indicated poisoning in body .
Why we do not know the importance’s of 2nd October .
- External Power
- Even I was not aware that 2 October is also shastri ji jayanti till I watched THE TASHKENT FILES .
Swathi, Rachana Journalism College, Hyderabad.