New Delhi: Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G. Kishan Reddy met Hon’ble Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Sadananda Gowda on Tuesday, to discuss the issue of supply of fertilizers to Telangana State during the season. On the occasion, the Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizerswas kind enough to call for a meeting at short notice with the officers of the Department of Fertilizers regarding the issue.
Called on Hon’ble Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers @DVSadanandGowda to discuss matters relating to supply of fertilizers to Telangana during this sowing season.
Hon Minister assured that the Dept will monitor closely & ensure the stocks required by the State are met. pic.twitter.com/b3daHrlFhw
— G Kishan Reddy (@kishanreddybjp) September 2, 2020
It was briefed by the officials of the department that,
• For State of Telengana, the requirement projected for the entire Kharif 2020 season is 10.00 LMT.
• The requirement from 1st April to 31st August was 8.00 LMT against which Department of Fertilisers has ensured an availability of 10.17 LMT, including the opening stock of 4.01 LMT.
• From 1stApril to 31st August 2020, the sales of Urea have been 8.68 LMT as compared with the Sales of Urea of 5.09 LMT during the corresponding period last year. Despite this unprecedented high demand for Urea this season, the Urea availability has remained comfortable.
• Further, for the month of August against the projected requirement of 2.50 LMT, Department of Fertilisers has ensured availability of 4.52 LMT (including opening stock of 2.67 LMT). The stock of Urea available as on 31.08.2020 in Telangana is 1.49 LMT.
• As regards, month of September 2020, against therequirement of 2.00 LMT, a supply plan of 2.10 LMT has been allocated and the imported urea vessels are lined up and expected to reach the ports feeding State of Telangana by middle of September 2020.
It was assured by the Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Sadananda Gowda to Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, G.Kishan Reddy, that the Department will continue to monitor closely the requirements of fertilizers by the State of Telangana and will ensure that the stocks required by the State to meet the field requirement will be met without any problems for the farmers of the State.